With this in mind we recommend ENAMOGRIP ® or ENAMOGRIP ® CLEAR to protect assets from permanent damage long-term from Graffiti while easing the removal process saving time and labor and also protecting against common architectural damage due to Chemical and/or UV exposure.
Enamo Grip ® Clear
Aliphatic polyurethane enamel for low maintenance.
BY-LAW NO. 7343
"A By-law to prevent unsightliness of property by prohibiting the placement of graffiti and requiring that property be kept free of graffiti"
THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF VANCOUVER, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
1. This by-law may be cited as the "Graffiti By-law".
2. In this by-law "graffiti" means one or more letters, symbols or marks, howsoever made, on any structure or thing but does not include marks made accidentally or any of the following:
a) a sign, public notice or traffic control mark authorized by the City Engineer;
b) a sign authorized pursuant to the Sign By-law,
c) a public notice authorized by a City by-law or by Provincial or Federal legislation;
d) in the case of private property, a letter, symbol or mark authorized by the owner or tenant of the property on which the letter, symbol or mark appears.
3. No person shall place graffiti, or cause graffiti to be placed, on any wall, fence or other structure or thing in any street or other public place.
4. No person shall place graffiti, or cause graffiti to be placed, on any wall, fence, building or other structure located on real property and adjacent to a street or other public place.
5. No owner or occupant of real property shall permit graffiti to be placed on any wall, fence, building or structure that is located on such real property and adjacent to a street or other public place.
6. Every owner and every occupant of real property shall at all times maintain free of graffiti any wall, fence, building or structure that is located on such real property end adjacent to a street or public place.
7. Where real property is not maintained in accordance with section 6 and the property is not occupied by its owner, the City may enter the property and remove the graffiti provided that it first gives at least 60 days notice to An owner by way of registered mail to the last known address of the owner or by posting a notice on the property.
8. Where the City enters property to effect maintenance pursuant to section 7, the costs thereof may be recovered either as a debt due the City in any Court of competent jurisdiction or by inserting the costs in the real-property tax roll as a charge imposed with respect to the property.
9. Every person who offends against any of the provisions of this by-law, or who suffers or permits any act or thing to be done in contravention or in violation of any of the provisions of this by-law, or who neglects to do or refrains from doing anything required to be done by any of the provisions of this by-law, or who does any act or thing which violates any of the provisions of this by-law, shall be deemed to be guilty of an infraction of this by-law, and shall be liable to penalties hereby imposed.
10. Every person who commits an offence against a provision of this by-law is liable to a fine and penalty of not less than $100.00 and not more than $2,000.00 for each offence.
11. This by-law comes into force and takes effect on the date of its passing.
DONE AND PASSED in open Council this 4th day of October, 1994.
(Signed) Philip W. Owen
(Signed) Maria C. Kinsalla