This product is a highly effective, economical and environmentally friendly fire retardant treatment for fabric of most types. It can be used as a fire retardant and impregnating agent on practically all water absorbent materials.
SAFECOAT FR-31 can be applied by spraying, padding or immersion, or it can be incorporated directly into a product. The method of application depends on the type of material and structure of the fiber to be protected.
• is an aqueous solution of inorganic salts. It is colorless and has a slight odor of ammonia in solution but is odorless when dry.
• is chemically neutral or slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.0 to 8.0. Its primary role is to act as a flame retardant.
• does not substantially affect the appearance or feel of the fabric if properly applied. The fabric remains soft and pliable.
• Since SAFECOAT FR-31 Fire Retardant Fabric Treatment is water soluble it can be washed out of both textiles and materials. Re-treat after laundering.
• is provided in a Ready-to-Use, liquid form.