SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® is a water borne sealant / preservative specifically for conditioning concrete structures to solve the damaging problems caused by water, freeze / thaw, acids, caustics, bacteria, salt erosion, oils, juice penetration, “toxic black mold”, algae, mammal excrement, and other such pollutants. It solves problems resulting from dusting, algae formation, soft concrete, loss of strength, spalling, sulfate and nitrate degradation, saponification ( causes vinyl tiles, paint, polyurethane and epoxy coatings to peel off ) or simple efflorescence ( ordinary concrete disintegration ). Used to seal concrete flooring, walls, blocks, pipes or other concrete substrates.
The Ultimate For Concrete Sealing & Restoration, Preserves The Life of Concrete in High Moisture, High Corrosion Areas by Preventing the Concrete from Deteriorating, Tightens Old Weathered Concrete, Seals And Preserves Weathering Concrete from Acid Rain, Pollution, Freeze / Thaw Cycles, Repels Mold and Algae growth and Enhances Bonding of Repairs, Paint and Floor coatings or mastics.
SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® is ideal for: Waterproofing basements, sewage plants, elevator shafts, cisterns, sealing patios and pools, zoos and hatcheries, plant floors, sidewalks and driveways, silos, parking decks, roadways, buildings, bridges, tunnels, kennels, granaries, fertilizer facilities, curbs, gutters, etc.
Where top coatings protect the top surfaces of concrete, SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® solves the problems of concrete from the inside out. All the action by SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® takes place deep down inside the concrete slab or structure instead of just on the surface. When SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® is sprayed or poured on the surface, it soaks deep into the concrete. When contact is made with the alkali and calcium ions inside the concrete, within eight seconds it solidifies into a cold permanent compound in the form of a gel, chemically changing the alkali forever. This gel expands and flows in all directions, filling the pores and hairline cracks, emulsifying any oil, acid, juice and other such foreign matter until it has been purged from inside the concrete, floating it to the top to be washed away.
This is an excellent way to help remove oil spills from porous concrete while sealing the concrete from any future seepage. The gel, which now fills the pores, starts to turn hard like the concrete itself. This hardening action reaches its maximum in about 30 - 90 days and will turn the surface stone hard. Since SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® deeply penetrates the concrete, the concrete is now sealed permanently from the inside, not just temporarily on the surface as achieved from other sealants resisting the penetration of destructive pollutants and stops moisture migration via capillary action. All of the action of SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® takes place down inside the concrete other than a possible surface whitening.
SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® may be applied to stucco, concrete, brick, cement block, terrazzo, walls or floors, inside or outside, wet or dry, new or old. Surfaces must be clean and unpainted. SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® will remove most grease and oil from concrete floors and will prevent future deterioration by normal causes. It will end chalking or dusting of concrete and crumbling of stucco. Additives included for mold and mildew inhibition, USDA certified penetration, freeze preventative, and improved blending for better penetration and sealing.
1. Concrete samples treated with SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® show an increase in flexural strength up to 436% and in compression strength up to 142%. Samples absorb up to 85% less water by weight than untreated samples. Reduced dusting, stains, efflorescence and saponification.
2. You can walk on the concrete surface immediately after the SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® has penetrated as all the action is inside the concrete.
3. The normal penetration time for each application is 5 to 10 minutes.
4. SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® reaction with the calcium Ions and alkali begins within eight seconds, becoming rock hard over the following 90 days.
5. Pollutant purging can continue for a few hours up to a 7 days according to the amount and type of contaminants inside the concrete.
6. Set time between application can vary from one hour to twelve hours according to the age and porosity of the concrete, as well as the amount of pollutant purging taking place.
7. Spread rate: Ordinarily, one gallon will treat 150 to 450 square feet with one application. Three applications will net about 50 to 175 sq. ft. of measured surface. Much higher rates of coverage are frequently obtained. Obviously porous concrete block consumes more product.
8. Stops chalking and dusting, reduces stains, efflorescence, and saponification.
9. Strengthens and hardens old deteriorated concrete and adds many years of useful life, saving costly replacement.
10. Strengthens, tightens, and seals deteriorating mortar between bricks and concrete blocks.
11. It helps to form a better and lasting bond between old and new concrete. Stops rapid hydration from sub surface slab.
12. Resists the penetration of all kinds of liquid pollutants.
13. Resists cracking, crumbling and pitting related to salt erosion and freeze / thaw Spall.
14. Actions and results are permanent.
15. Stops paint from peeling off concrete.
Top coat for a complete system with:
RUSTGRIP® for mild concentrations of solvents, chemicals and acids
LINING - KOTE® for heavy concentrations of solvents, chemicals and acids
SP INTERLOCK / INNERSEAL ® -- Once is Forever
Unless Superior Products provides a written warranty of fitness for a particular use. Superior Product's sole warranty is that the product, as Supplied, will meet then current sales specifications and is specific only to return of product found to be defective upon opening of container within one year. Customer's exclusive remedy and Superior's sole liability for breach of warranty is limited to refund of the purchase price or replacement of any product shown to be other than as warranted and Superior Products expressly disclaims any liability for incidental or consequential damages.